Life should be fun, right? I totally think so! I wish everything was fun. Or, even more fun! We love to laugh in our family. I am grateful for all the different kinds of laughter. I love when people have “laugh-lines” instead of wrinkles. I love when people laugh at my jokes or think I am funny. I love to tickle little kids. I still try to tickle mine. I love smiles and snickers, giggles, and guffaws. Welcome to my very own “Fun Zone”! Tell me, what makes you laugh?
Here are my favorite laughs:
- I know a kid who loves babies and kittens. He’s a pretty tough guy most of the time, but has a soft spot for cute adorable little things. There is this sound that he makes when he sees something that strikes a chord. . . a high-pitched whiny “Ohhaawwhh!” Followed by a an airy gutteral half-laugh as if in utter disbelief that anything could be so cute.
- This one is a crack-up to witness and then hilarious when you join in. It’s that uncontrollable contagious giggle-snort-laugh that you just can’t stop and at first think it’s annoying until you get it too and everything seems funny and you just keep laughing and laughing until your eyes water and you think you might have just peed in your pants!!!!
- The head-shake/nervous laugh combo. AKA the “tell.” When I want to know what happened and I say something totally funny and I get this reaction, I know they either don’t get the joke or they are up to something. I don’t want to give away my secrets, but I can read this one like a book!
- The sigh giggle that girls make when they are in love. It starts with a deep breath and then a light “hahhhh. . . . hee hee hee. They most likely are thinking about something he said or did. Ah, young love. Butterflies. Hearts and roses.
- The histerical outburst laugh that is made when you are reading something funny. I’ll hear this once in awhile from my kids when they are playing a video game or using head phones, too. It’s that loud. . . “HA!” followed by, “Oh my God!” Ha ha ha ha ahhh ha ha!! Chuckle chuckle. . . trails off and then another “Ha!”
- The laugh so hard you scare yourself gut-busting laugh. This is the one that can actually wear you out if you keep it up long enough. I went to a comedy club when I was pregnant once and the comedian was so funny, I laughed so hard I thought I was going to hurt the baby! Comedy shows and movies are always on at my house and laughter is going on all the time. I just love it!!