Okay, (deep breath) I would like to debut my mandala artwork available for sale on various products on Red Bubble. This is huge for me because I never shared my drawings with anyone publicly until this year. I started a 100 Mandala Project and I am holding myself accountable by telling others and making it a community endeavor. (I tried this last year and I stopped after four drawings!) So far, in just the past four weeks since I started drawing my own designs I have completed dozens. I have tapped into my creativity in a big way and the Mandala Project has spread! I have been asked to introduce drawing and coloring mandalas at the school where I work and with the homeless at the recuperative care center where my brother works. I want to show how drawing and coloring is a good way to reduce stress and can be a very powerful spiritual experience. Recently, I overheard a student telling another girl that she feels so good when she finishes coloring one. It made my day! I want to propose making a community mandala -combining the work of my students into one big mandala and transfer the design to a mural that I will paint on a wall at the school. Why the deep breath? Because this is one of those projects that is taking off as fast as I can tell you about it! It wasn’t planned or thought out other than in my dreams. And now, I can weave the project into everything I do and it all makes sense to me. http://www.redbubble.com/people/mizmeliz?ref=artist_title_name
Here is a checklist of places I intend to share my story:
- Tinsel Town Tonight
- My Facebook Profile Page MizMelizLA (check, all the time!)
- My Facebook Fan Page Tinsel Town
- Facebook Groups
- SoCal Lady Bloggers
- Women of Midlife
- Twitter Cards (Thanks Jen Lenher! Learn How to Rock Twitter!)
- SnapChat (check, but more to come!)
- Instagram (of course! check!)
- Live Streams
- Pinterest (Yep, check it out!)
- My website MizMeliz.com (check, but maybe weekly?)
- Trainer.ly courses (This is where you sign up, only $10 per session)
- Zoom Sessions
- The school where I work (check, and double check!)
- Hope of the Valley and other homeless shelters and children’s groups like Boys and Girls Clubs
- Community classes – maybe the library, parks and recs, community college. (Jeeze! That’s maybe more than I can do now – but I’ll keep it in sight.)
I think that’s a good start!!
My goal is to see my Blabber, Snapper, and Blogger Friends showing off their own colorful Miz Meliz Mandala Mugs!!
Oh My GOSH! I almost forgot!
I want to start sending emails with new artwork and information on how to work with me.
Let me know if you have any other ideas for ways I can share my artwork and story.
Thank YOU for making my life Sparkle!
Tags: #100Mandalas, #Create, artist, Big Reveal, BlabShopping, Deep Breath Audacious Project, Mandala Project, melissa reyes, Miz Meliz Mandala Mug, RedBubble