She’s not a Show Off!
I see other bloggers showing off their parties on their blogs and it has been awhile since I have had one. So, this is a peek into my life as a guest at a party.
It is a very special occasion. My niece is having a baby girl in about a month. Her mother-in-law hosted a beautiful shower for her.
Everyone in the family is excited about this baby because she will be the first grandchild on both sides. The baby will be my first great niece. She couldn’t come at a better time for me and my hubby because we are ready to love on a baby, but not quite ready for grandchildren of our own. My fourteen year old son is glad he won’t be the youngest in our family any more.
The host of the shower always puts on a fine party and loves to entertain. Rose is skilled at knowing the important elements of a successful party. This one had everything. It was delightful and entertaining!
Miz Melissa’s 5 Secrets for a Successful Shower
- Simple Theme. Keep it light-hearted and simple. Rose used a “little lady” theme that was carried through from the invitation with cute lady bugs to the keepsake chocolate bars that said “Little Lady” in pink.
- Thoughtful Decor. Of course their was pink everywhere, it was a baby shower for a little girl – but what Rose does best is incorporate little touches of the parents to be’s favorite things. The dining area was decorated with a Parisian theme because the nursery will be in that theme. Ally’s favorite color is purple, so there were hints of lavender and purple throughout the house, in the decorations and the gift wrapping.
- Great food. Rose had all of Ally’s favorites. Impressing and satisfying the guest of honor is the secret. I heard Ally squeal in delight when she saw the spread. Everything was delicious and looked beautiful. Fresh salads, sandwiches, and a fruity punch did the trick.
- Light Entertainment. A few games to keep things flowing is all that is needed at a baby shower. Our hostess delegated the responsibility to Ally’s sister and step mom. This was a great way to include them in the festivities. Again, the guest of honor was consulted and only games that she approved were played.
- Keep it Comfy. Remember it’s about the people. Your guests will have a good time if they feel cozy, comfortable and cared for. There was plenty of room for everyone to sit and see what was going on. We had nametags and were encouraged to interact with one another. Everyone enjoyed watching Ally open all the gifts and eating the yummy cake afterwards.
Thanks Rose for a wonderful party! I had a great time and will remember it always.
Congratulations to the new family, I can’t wait to greet your “little lady!”
Tags: baby shower, guest of honor, hosting, Party Planning, secrets for a successful shower